It's a boy! Mama & Little has become a family of four and we're celebrating with a giveaway! With these labor & delivery hospital bag essentials you'll be set for the big day, mama. Win over $300 in goods for you and baby from some of our favorite brands!!
For baby number 2 (our second boy!) I took the time to realistically pack my hospital bag with the items I knew I would definitely use and leave out those that just aren't practical. He arrived just two days after I packed my hospital bag, at 37 weeks and 4 days, so I was relieved to know that I had it prepared with all of my essentials.
Read on for my list of must-have hospital bag essentials!
I knew I wanted to have the comforts of home and the products that would help me feel like me even in a hospital setting so that I could relax and feel as comfortable as possible. This time around I brought my own pillows and blanket.
I turned to Baby Be Mine Maternity for their adorable hospital labor & delivery gowns called Gownies that even have a matching pillow case. I also selected one of their robes in a beautiful floral print! I absolutely loved having my own pretty hospital gown to labor in. It has snaps on the shoulders for easy nursing access and snaps along the back just like the standard hospital gowns, so functional.
They're great quality and there are so many pretty prints to choose from. I got so many compliments from all the nurses on my Gownie and robe! I was comfortable in it during labor and post-partum. I've continued to wear the robe at home and love having the cute pillow case on my bed!
As for toiletries I packed my favorite products for both myself and baby from Tubby Todd Bath Co. Their line of all-natural bath goods is extensive and thoughtfully created to provide piece of mind to parents. I love knowing they don't have any artificial dyes, fragrances, or additives which makes it safe to share with my little!
They are luxurious and so soothing-- I packed their Hair & Body Wash, Dream Cream, Nursing Salve, and All-Over Ointment. I loved having my favorite bath products, in travel-friendly sizes, post-partum to help soothe and comfort me and baby on day two.
Our 'coming home outfit' for baby Abram is by L'ovedbaby, I love their line of organic cotton apparel for baby. I selected the footed overall in Slate, such a cute color! Their kimono bodysuit and gowns are adorable and come in so many sweet colors (great unisex options if you're not finding out gender), I have quite the collection started.
Another favorite set of products I packed come from our NEW apparel line, launching this week! Our 'Mama' T-shirt in a super soft and comfy tri-blend and there's also a coordinating 'Little' onesie in 100% cotton for baby! I wore this shirt proudly upon leaving the hospital with our new little bundle. And I can't wait until he fits the newborn size onesie to be matchy-matchy with him!
My favorite nursing bras and tank tops are by Bravado Designs. I have several items but the ones I brought to the hospital were the Seamless Nursing Cami and Ballet Bra, seen above. As for bottoms I brought along these lounge pants from Target.
All of these must-have items (along with the additional list of goods I packed, see below) fit perfectly with room to spare in this amazing Birdling bag-- the 'Weekender.' Guys, this bag is the real deal, it has 3 inner compartments and 6 interior pockets for serious organization, a durable cotton exterior, 7 exterior pockets and a shoulder strap! You, the baby's and your hubby's things will all fit in this bag.
Here's what you can WIN!
$50 Mama & Little Gift Card
$30 Tubby Todd Bath Co. Gift Card
$150 Birdling Gift Card
$30 L'ovedbaby Gift Card
Other essentials I packed in my hospital bag:
- My favorite swaddles from Mebie Baby and Copper Pearl
- Burp cloths from Copper Pearl, these are the best!
- Knotted beanie and blanket set from KBCute Designs
- Wet bag for organizing toiletries from Logan & Lenora (come in cute prints and perfect for your diaper bag also!)
- Contact solution, dry shampoo, face wipes, deodorant
- Comfy slippers with grip soles (I found this cute pair in the dollar section at Target for $3 believe it or not!) & flip flops, these were great to labor in for walking around and worn in the shower
- Seamless Nursing Cami and Ballet Bra by Bravado Designs, my favorite nursing bras and tanks!
- Lounge pants from Target
- 3 pillows & a warm blanket
- Select items from my Belly Bandit Labor & Delivery Kit including: grip socks, hand sanitizer, lip balm, and phone charger. I used a lot of the items in this bundle like the gummy vitamins, hair ties, and belly oil during my third trimester!
- Gatorade, 2 bottles (this is my favorite electrolyte drink and I was glad to have had it during labor)
- Light snacks like mixed nuts or chocolate for you or dad
- A portfolio or file folder with baby's birth certificate and to bring home paperwork in
What I didn't bother packing:
- My own underwear-- the hospital will provide you with some rather fancy L&D/Post-partum undies so don't bother packing any of your own. Unless you know you'll be staying for 3 or more days then it's up to you.
- Make-up-- it just doesn't matter, you'll have that glow about you already! And you won't have time for it, because you'd rather be napping!
- My own bath towels-- the hospital ones are thin, small, scratchy.
- Heating pad, for cramps and lower back pain-- I was provided one but it used water to warm it up, it was big and connected to tubes so it wasn't very convenient.
- I learned this this time around-- if you have any food allergies and/or prefer certain foods have your hubby bring food from home on day two. Ask if there is a mini fridge available, the open area/adjoining room next to ours had one we could use.
Enter the giveaway below! Good luck!