Let me tell you all about what's in my favorite diaper bag and why it makes me feel like Super Mom! I have used several different diaper bags in the span of having two babies- a messenger style bag, different kinds of backpacks, in all shapes and sizes. But I am so glad I have found the ONE!
I try to only carry the essentials for each category of item-- diapering, clothes, skin care, feeding, and of course, teething, a total must-have for us right now!
It's important that I keep my diaper bag as lightweight as possible because I will have to take it in and out of the car, put it onto my back and onto the stroller (with hooks) all the while chasing after both kids. I don't pack much for my 5 year old just snacks, those are a must for him and i (because as a nursing mama I get so hungry!) So let's dive right in! Here is what's in my diaper bag.
For my 9 month old:
- A change of clothes- Mama & Little 'Little' onesie, pants, lightweight knotted beanie (Lulu & Roo)
- 3-4 diapers, a full wipes case (SkipHop), diaper rash ointment (Live Clean) & dirty diaper storage baggies in this convenient case with a hook (Munchkin) The organizer comes with a very generously sized roll-up changing pad!
- Food pouch ( I make my own baby food, see how here) and spill-proof silicone spout for self-feeding- these are from Choomee and I love them!
- Burp cloth and bandana bib (not pictured) both from Copper Pearl
- Mama & Little silicone teether rattle, silicone pacifier clip, silicone teething bracelet for him and one of our coordinating silicone teething necklaces for me! Stored in our cotton drawstring pouch.
- A Logan & Lenora water-proof clutch with a mini first aid kit, chapstick, hand sanitizer, tissue, coconut oil Baby Face balm for applying on his drooly chin (Earth Mama Organics) and an all-over ointment for his dry skin (Tubby Todd)
- Cleansing wipes, (Huggies) I use these for their hands (now that Abram is scooting around on the floor these are so handy!) and wiping down counters or highchairs at restaurants
- All-in-one nursing cover, scarf, car seat/shopping cart cover (Covered Goods) I use this lightweight nursing scarf when nursing in public, all though I simply use it as an infinity scarf to drape over the front of me and not to completely cover my baby- he doesn't like that! And it being Summer, it's just too hot. I used it as a car seat cover when he was a newborn, I never left the house without it. It keeps people from reaching in and touching and it blocked the wind in the Fall, so perfect.
- My wallet, phone, and keys (not pictured)
For my 5 year old:
- Snacks, usually some kind of fresh fruit, he loves blueberries (we use Stasher bags, a reusable silicone food storage bag) We both love these Nature's Bakery fig bars that come in different flavors!
Just some of my favorite features of it are the removable and washable organizer that has 12 amazing pockets! It also includes a roll-up changing pad. I LOVE the interior lining & organizer color, especially how it coordinates with our Sweet Mint teething accessories! I can wear it three ways, using both handles as a purse carry, with the long adjustable, detachable strap for messenger bag or backpack carry! I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to convert this strap into the backpack carry. And so impressed by how very comfortable it is in all of these carrying styles!
The beautiful details and the gorgeous leather make me feel like a million bucks. Plus, knowing I have everything on hand that I could possible need for my Littles and I make me feel like Super Mom when I'm wearing it!
* A Lily Jade diaper bag was provided for me for this review, however, all opinions and thoughts stated here are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that I love, find truly practical and helpful enough in my daily mom life, and meet my strict recommendation requirements for passing onto you!
Thanks for reading and enter to win your own Lily Jade bag below!!Mama & Little + Lily Jade Giveaway -- Win $375 Lily Jade Credit!